Balance of Night and Day, Dark and Light, Spring Equinox honors equality. Aligned with the Sun in Alder (Aries) at a perfect 0 degrees, 0 minutes. This celebration is the Light that Sets you off into your Personal Authority, creating your life in a positive alignment with your goals. Only through the balance of our inner self and outer reality can you live in your Personal Authority. Balancing your inner and outer reality is a gift of Spring Equinox.
To honor this celebration is to honor your moments of Equality: your balance of your inner and outer reality, your masculine and feminine qualities of giving and receiving, speaking and listening, being active and being restful, making decisions and being creative. To honor this vibration in the celebrations of the Moon Flow, we honor the Maiden’s Moon.
- New Moon – Seed planting time in the Womb of the Great Mother Moon. New beginnings are to be honored.
- Crescent Moon – Form clear goals of what you want. Remember to be aware of what you ask for.
- First Quarter Moon – Urges occur between you and WomanSpirit to act upon your desires. What are you doing?
- Gibbous Moon – Support from others infiltrates your days. You will feel the need to receive help. Pay attention to those (seen and unseen) who speak and offer information and/or assistance. Don’t forget to ask for assistance and know what you are asking for.
Honor the stages of the moon throughout your ceremony. For in so doing, you will honor your Personal Authority to take charge of the Road You Will Travel to Quest for Enlightenment, to Explore your world with cognitive power, to Experience the wonders of your journey, and the power to Empty out any doubts or fears of your abilities to be a co-partner with the Universe.
Blessings as you honor the Magickal Ceremony of Spring Equinox.
Spirit of Purpose
The Magic of Spring Equinox
♥ The time before Spring Equinox needs to be spent contemplating what you are willing to honor to be in your state of Personal Authority. It is a time to decide what goals lie before you that you want to absolutely achieve. Then with determination to walk with integrity, be responsible for your own journey and accountable for all outcomes, set your course.
♥ Establish the Spirit of Purpose (i.e. what you desire to accomplish and how you want to align with the powerful energies of the Universe to do so);
♥ Establish date and time to perform your magickal ceremony: March 19th, at 10:00 p.m. MDT is the exact moment of Spring Equinox. Celebrations can occur for at least three days. Choose the day that best fits your opportunity to respond in the most sacred way.
♥ Gather specific components for your assisting spell. Choose the color of Red Orange in the candles, for this is the color of creative, forthright energy, innocense, passion and empowerment. The essences of Allspice, Basil, Carnation and Gardenia call forth the energies to honor this time. Citrine, Carnelian, Cat’s eye and Diamond are stones of great power to use.
♥ From the moment you know what you want, consciously place this energy into the Heart of the Great Mother, and the Heart of the Moon where the Greater Purpose and Guidance of energy can be directed for you. Create a statement to encourage the empowerment of your purpose.
- I Am Living in the Light of my Choices
- I am Creating from the Light of my Choices
- I AM my choices
♥ Carve a symbol of the new moon on once side of the candle. This is a symbol of your inner being ready to develop, expand and explore your choices. Then carve a sun on another side of your candle, symbolizing the Light of your ability to live your choices. The sun and the moon together represent the power of balance that Spring Equinox has to offer.
♥ On the day of your ritual, gather all the elements and tools for your altar, (include your plants, oils, stones, candles, and altar elements ). Place them on your altar cloth. Choose to maintain a sacred attitude about what you are doing.
- Create an incantation that will be used in your ceremony. It is best done with your own words and written in your own hand.
- An example of an incantation: “Great Goddess I call you now. Listen to my solemn vow. I choose to walk in purpose and passion. And live my life in an empowered fashion. Assist me now, I call to you. Help me stay balanced in all I do.”
- Write out your complete ceremony that you wish to follow. Write it in your magickal spells book (from beginning to end). Include a space within the ceremony where you can spend time completely aligning in your moment of balance with your inner and outer aspects of Self.
♥ Prepare for your Ceremony
- Self Purification – (bath/shower, sage or other cleansing incense/elixir)
- Cleanse the place where ritual will occur (sage or other incense to clear the area, i.e., elixir for room clearing, symbolic sweeping with a broom)
- Set an altar with a cloth to place your items for symbols of fire (candle with specific color), water (in cup or shell), air (incense or double edged knife) and earth (a stone or pentacle symbol) as well as sacred items that align your heart and mind with the Spirit of Purpose.
- Clear your mind of other thoughts and activities. Bring a vision of your purpose into your mind, feel yourself ready to enter the deepest part of your inner being. Center your mind and emotions into the purpose of your ritual. (This is very important for achieving your desired outcome.)
- Create a sacred vortex by drawing or envisioning a sphere of light circled around you. (a conduit for energy to be mixed and aligned with God/Goddess, the Spirit of your Soul Purpose, and the most sacred vibration of the manifested desire) Your mental and emotional qualities must maintain the focus of purpose.
- Align with the 4-quarters. Sanctify the circle by honoring the elements/elementals. Call in the Goddess, deities and the Spirit of Purpose in the manner that is most comfortable for you, but always with clarity and deliberate focus of purpose.
- Speak out your incantation for what you desire. Raise energy (feeling and sensing a rise of energy from your womb, begin to visualize it forming a ball of light (i.e., for staying on purpose, a red orange), hold your sphincter muscle tightly as you create this ball of light and let the energy rise to your heart, then with a large exhale, direct the energy ball of light from your heart into the circle, knowing that it forms the spirit of your purpose).
- Meditate in the energy you have created. Visualize the manifest of your desire complete and utilize the powers of knowing that it is so: Feel it, put a smell to it (oils, incense or plant help you do this), a taste, sound, and see it so. When you feel it deep within, end your meditation.
- Give gratitude to the Goddess, deities, elements and elementals, the 4-quarters and conduit alignment above and below. Acknowledge that all is within you now.
- Close your circle by snuffing out your candle, and walking in the opposite direction that you set your circle to gather all energy unto yourself.
- Say Awen (So it is, So Mote it Be, It is complete).
The following may provide you information for setting your circle after you have cleansed the area and set your items on the altar (cleanse them as well).
Draw a circle by standing in the center of your space, face East (the place of the new light, the alignment with Spring Equinox), allow yourself to draw in white light from the heart of WomanSpirit to your heart. Feel it well up inside like a ball of light, release this light into your right index finger, and circle clock-wise, releasing the light as you complete one full turn around the circle. As your return to the East, begin giving honor to the 4-quarters and calling in the elements as well. At your altar light the incense for air, light the candle for fire, and sprinkle water from your cup across your altar to honor the blessings of water, touch the simple stone and connect to the humbleness within you and the sacredness of the earth.
Face the east:
WomanSpirit, Great Goddess, I desire to align with the light of the east WomanSpirit I ask that this portal be open
I ask to align with the Spirit of Air (light the incense, if you have not), the power of Vision, and the Beauty of the Masters
WomanSpirit, I ask that Archangel Raphael and Goddess Diedre help me enter this portal I, become one with the vision of my purpose, the Will to e express from my Higher Self and the diligence to see the signs You present me along my way.
Face the south:
WomanSpirit, Great Goddess, I desire to align with the light of the south WomanSpirit, I ask that this portal be open
I ask to align with the Spirit of fire (light the candle, if you have not), the light of integrity, truth and purpose.
WomanSpirit, I ask that Archangel Michael and Goddess Taillte help me enter this portal I, become one with the enlightenment of my purpose, the empowerment of my Personal Authority, and the Will to live with integrity
Facing the west:
WomanSpirit, Great Goddess, I desire to align with the light of the west WomanSpirit, I ask that this portal be open
I ask to align with the Spirit of water (touch the water, if you have not), the light of wisdom, the ocean of conscious, and the rewards of my quest.
WomanSpirit, I ask that Archangel Gabriel and Goddess Arianrhod help me enter this portal I, become one with my intuition, the empowerment of my wisdom, and the Will to live with higher truth and love
Face the North:
WomanSpirit, Great Goddess, I desire to align with the light of the North WomanSpirit, I ask that this portal be open
I ask to align with the Spirit of earth (touch the stone, if you have not), the power of faith, the guardianship of earth, and the blessings of knowledge.
WomanSpirit, I ask that Archangel Auriel and Goddess Eriu help me enter this portal
I, become one with my faith, the empowerment of my manifest, and the Will to live as a co- partner with You.
The invocation to the Goddess and Deity of Light. Stand with arms raised and legs separated revealing the stance of a five pointed star that honors the Goddess and say:
At this moment, a dedicated time of this hour
I call forth the Blessings of WomanSpirit’s Power
(pause and feel the energy align with you)
WomanSpirit, Great Goddess, Mother of all the spheres, Guardian of my Soul
I call your presence into my awareness
May I be blessed by our fusion and the authority it provides me to take dominion over my reality
Great Mother, penetrate this moment and project upon me your Divine Essence Let your loving gaze be the blessings of my destiny
(Pause and feel the energy of WomanSpirit align with you)
The magick has begun
From your loving heart the sacred powers from within are released.
Create a symbol of Anu (five pointed star within a circle) and say
Brigantia, Spirit of Intent, I call to you.. Goddess Taillte, Sovereign Goddess of harvest, teacher of talents with you I stride with sacred attitudes, help me pass through the the power of light and be approachable by the energies of the Divine. Eriu, Sovereign Goddess of the Land, help me to honor the power to manifest and be rewarded for forthright attitudes of Love, Light, Peace, Harmony, Truth, Integrity, Wisdom, Faith, and Knowing. Help me, All, to manifest balance in all that I do.
WomanSpirit may your presence guide and assist me as I travel the pathways light and purpose through the Doorway of Spring Equinox. I am grateful for the balance, honored by the energy of intent and purpose and shall respond to the desires and drive within me to accomplish the journeys my soul has chosen to achieve in this life time. AWEN.
Proceed to the incantation: (yours or the suggested one)
“Great Goddess I call you now.
Listen to my solemn vow.
I choose to walk in purpose and passion. And live my life in an empowered fashion.
Assist me now, I call to you.
Help me stay balanced in all I do.”
Raise energy (feeling and sensing a rise of energy from your womb, begin to visualize it forming a ball of light (i.e., for health and vitality, orange or red, green or blue), hold tight your sphincter muscle and let the energy rise to your heart, then with a large exhale, direct the energy ball of light from your heart into the circle, knowing that it forms the spirit of your purpose).
- Meditate in the energy you have created. Spend time focusing and visioning on your balance of Inner and Outer Realities. See the strength of your Masculine and Feminine traits working together, unified, whole. Let this state of empowerment allow you to feel your Personal Authority. Your knowing that life is yours to create as a co-partner with the Universe.
- Give gratitude to WomanSpirit, the Great Goddess, deities, elements and elementals, the 4-quarters and conduit alignment above and below. Acknowledge that all is
- within you now.
- Close your circle by snuffing out your candle (or blowing it out knowing that the light goes out to the world), and walking in the opposite direction that you set your circle to gather all energy unto yourself.
- Say Awen (So it is, So Mote it Be, It is complete).