Summer Solstice is a High Point of the Year. The Sun is at its brightest. Light is Strongest and will guide us into the inner dimensions as the year begins to ebb. While at the brightest, we are in celebration of the Light, of the fruitfulness of our labor, of the joy of our Expression and the Power of our Potential Realized. Aligned with the Moon of Hawthorn and edging into the Light of Oak, Summer Solstice reminds us of true power. True Power is love, nurturing, manifesting and culminating our desires into expression. True Power is embracing all life. Ancient ones celebrated Summer Solstice for 3 months, celebrating the power of light.
As time went on, the celebration became a 3-day event. Today, in modern society, it is almost a fleeting thought. Yet to honor each Feast Day is to honor our connection to the Divine. This connections reminds us we are One, we are Powerful, and we are co-creators. It reminds us to be grateful for all that we are and all that we have in our life. June 20, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. Mountain Daylight time, the moment of Summer Solstice.
Enjoy and be blessed.
Summer Solstice is a High Point of Celebration. It is the Longest Day and Brightest Light. You give honor to the Power of Suil, the Radiance of the Divine Mother through the sun light. Her expression of life, love, nurturing, cultivating and manifesting show through every avenue of your life.
Celtic tradition names this Alban Heruin, Light of the Shore. It is a time of gratitude for the Earth Family. It is time of honoring strength, health, and the vitality to continue as the time of the year gives way to its active energy to begin to enter the darker times of the year.)
The time when the sun is at its highest is the point in which your dreams are manifest, and your inner self is balanced with your outer self. It is a great time to Celebrate the flow of God/Goddess in your life. It is your time to step forth and acknowledge all of your blessings. Summer Solstice brings th joyous recognition that you can now begin to enjoy the fruits of your earlier developing seeds as you manifest your dreams. The warmth of the season nuzzles our earth, and the celebration calls forth the power of playfulness, pleasure and fun. Alban Heruin is a season of light and fire. Your ceremony calls you to reflect on the growth of seeds that you planted in the earth. However it also calls you to recognize the manifestation of the soul seeds planted at Winter Solstice and called forth at Imbolc.
Spirit of Purpose
The Magic of Summer Solstice
♥ Spend time before Summer Solstice contemplating the power you carry within from the Light of your Higher Self. Spend time contemplating the symbology of the Sun (Suil) and the guidance of the Divine. Review the power of Summer and the gift of realizing that all that you want to manifest, through the grace of the Divine, is yours to manifest now.
♥ Establish the Spirit of Purpose (i.e. what you desire to manifest here and now);
♥ Establish date and time to perform your magickal ceremony.
♥ Gather specific components for your assisting ceremony. Choose the color gold in the candles, for this is the color of the sun. The essences of Lavender or musk can be used on your altar. Mistletoe, not touched by human hands, may be gathered and brought to the altar. (Gathered by rods made of wood and placed in clean cheese cloth). Delightful elementals can be brought in through the multi-array of growing flowers. Choose from the flowers that bloom in your own area. From the Stone world, Agates, Citrine, Aventurine, Carnelian, and Cat’s eye are great for this ceremony.
♥ From the moment you know what you want to manifest, consciously place this energy into the Heart of the Great Mother (WomanSpirit), and in the Heart of the Moon where the Greater Purpose and Guidance can be directed for you..
♥ Begin an affirmation process (repeat this every day until your ritual)
- I Manifest as a Co-Creator
- I Easily and Freely Manifest my dreams
- I release the Light of my Higher Self and radiate it like the sun light
♥ Carve a symbol of the sun on the candle.
♥ Gather all the elements and tools for your altar, (include your plants, oils, stones, candles, and altar elements ). Choose to maintain a sacred attitude about what you are doing.
- Create an incantation that will be used in your ceremony. It is best done with your own words and written in your own hand.
- An example of an incantation: “Higher Self I call to you. Expressing your power I want to do. Light Above and Light Within empower me daily I say, Awen.
- Write out your complete ceremony that you wish to follow. Write it in your magickal spells book (from beginning to end). Include a space within the ceremony where you can spend time completely honoring the power of the Goddess, WomanSpirit. Honor the power within yourself and your commitment to continue the path of living Sacredly and as a Sacred Partner with the Universe, Manifesting all that you desire.
♥ An hour or so before your ceremony begin by preparing yourself and placing all items on your altar.
- Self Purification – (bath/shower, sage or other cleansing incense/elixir)
- Cleanse the place where ritual will occur (sage, aura essence, or other incense to clear the area, i.e., elixir for room clearing, symbolic sweeping with a broom)
- Set an altar with a cloth to place your items for symbols of fire (candle with specific color), water (in cup or shell), air (incense or double edged knife) and earth (a stone or pentacle symbol) as well as sacred items that align your heart and mind with the Spirit of Purpose.
- Clear your mind of all other thoughts and activities except for your Spirit of Purpose. Bring a vision of your purpose into your mind, feel yourself ready to enter the deepest part of your inner being. Center your mind and emotions into the purpose of your magickal alignment. (Very important component.)
- Create a sacred vortex (a conduit for energy to be mixed and aligned with God/Goddess, the Spirit of your Soul Purpose, and the most sacred vibration of the manifested desire). Mind and emotions must maintain the focus of purpose.
- Align with the 7 directions. Sanctify the circle by honoring the elements/elementals. Call in the Goddess, deities and the Spirit of Purpose in the manner that is most comfortable for you, but always with clarity and deliberate focus of purpose.
- Speak out your incantation for what you desire. Raise energy (feeling and sensing a rise of energy from your womb, begin to visualize it forming a ball of light (i.e., for joy it would be yellow, orange, red), hold tight your sphincter muscle and let the energy rise to your heart, then with a large exhale, direct the energy ball of light from your heart into the circle, knowing that it forms the spirit of your purpose).
- Meditate in the energy you have created. Visualize the manifest complete and utilize the powers of knowing that it is so: Feel it, put a smell to it, a taste, sound, and see it so. When you feel it deep within, end your meditation.
- Give gratitude to the Goddess, deities, elements and elementals, the 4- quarters and conduit alignment above and below. Acknowledge that all is within you now.
- Close your circle by snuffing out your candle, and walking in the opposite direction that you set your circle to gather all energy unto yourself.
- Say Awen (So it is, So Mote it Be, It is complete).
The following may provide you information for setting your circle after you have cleansed the area and set your items on the altar (cleanse them as well).
Draw a circle by standing in the center of your space, face South (the place of the Brightest Light in the Northern Hemisphere), allow yourself to draw in white light from the heart of WomanSpirit to your heart. Feel it well up inside like a ball of light, release this light into your right index finger, and circle clock-wise, releasing the light as you complete one full turn around the circle. As your return to the South, begin giving honor to the 4-quarters and calling in the elements as well. At your altar light the candle for fire, light the incense for air, sprinkle water from your cup across your altar to honor the blessings of water and touch stone and acknowledge the Spirit of Earth that allows you to flow with the essence of purpose. Then begin your opening:
Face the south:
WomanSpirit, Great Goddess, I desire to align with the light of the south WomanSpirit, I ask that this portal be open I ask to align with the Spirit of fire (light the candle, if you have not), the light of integrity, truth and purpose.
WomanSpirit, I ask that Archangel Michael and Goddess Taillte help me enter this portal I, become one with the enlightenment of my purpose, the empowerment of my Personal Authority, and the Will to live with integrity
Facing the west:
WomanSpirit, Great Goddess, I desire to align with the light of the west WomanSpirit, I ask that this portal be open I ask to align with the Spirit of water (touch the water, if you have not), the light of wisdom, the ocean of conscious, and the rewards of my quest.
WomanSpirit, I ask that Archangel Gabriel and Goddess Arianrhod help me enter this portal I, become one with my intuition, the empowerment of my wisdom, and the Will to live with higher truth and love
Face the North:
WomanSpirit, Great Goddess, I desire to align with the light of the North WomanSpirit, I ask that this portal be open I ask to align with the Spirit of earth (touch the stone, if you have not), the power of faith, the guardianship of earth, and the blessings of knowledge. WomanSpirit, I ask that Archangel Auriel and Goddess Eriu help me enter this portal I, become one with my faith, the empowerment of my manifest, and the Will to live as a co- partner with You.
Face the east:
WomanSpirit, Great Goddess, I desire to align with the light of the east WomanSpirit I ask that this portal be open I ask to align with the Spirit of Air (light the incense, if you have not), the power of Vision, and the Beauty of the Masters
WomanSpirit, I ask that Archangel Raphael and Goddess Diedre help me enter this portal I, become one with the vision of my purpose, the Will to e express from my Higher Self and the diligence to see the signs You present me along my way.
Face the Center of your Circle and Look Above:
Divine Mother, WomanSpirit, from my heart to your heart, I stand here to align with the Light Above I know this door is always open for me and all to know Your Most Purest Aspect of Being. Perfection radiates through me from this sacred point of Light.
I ask to align with the sacred energy of Spirit (feel this energy flow from above through you) I ask that Archangel Metatron and Goddess Brighid, guardians of Oneness, assist my consciousness to know Oneness and Be Oneness
WomanSpirit, I ask to become Aligned in this Sacred Oneness
Drop your head to the center Below:
Divine Mother, WomanSpirit, from my heart to your heart, I stand here to align with the Light Below I know this door is always open for me to know your individual quality within my Soul I ask to align with the most sacred knowing of my Soul as it evolves into this new Light
I ask that Archangel Sandalphon and Goddess Cerridwin, guardians of the Soul, assist me in responding to the highest purpose of this new evolution.
WomanSpirit, I ask to be aligned in the Holy Moment of honor to Our Soul.
Let your Consciousness Center in your Heart – Within:
Divine Mother, WomanSpirit, from my heart to your heart, I stand here to align with my Angelic Self Within I know I am the gate-keeper of this door. May I always keep it open for Your Expression
I ask to Align with the New Light through my Heart Intent and radiate it from this point of Being I ask that my Angelic Self assist my Personal Self to respond to Love, Light and Holiness
The invocation to the Goddess and Deity of Light. Stand with arms raised and legs separated revealing the stance of a five pointed star that honors the Goddess and say:
At this time and in this hour
I call forth the most sacred power Great Goddess, WomanSpirit
I desire to blend with your presence here and now (feel the connection)
May I be blessed by our union and the sacred Light within me where you and I are one
Great Mother, let your light fill my heart and radiate beyond me to the world
Grant, WomanSpirit, thy Protection, In Protection, Strength,
In Strength, Understanding, In Understanding, Knowledge,
In Knowledge the Knowledge of Justice,
In the Knowledge of Justice the Love of it,
In the Love of it, the Love of All Existence,
And in the Love of All Existence,
the Love of God/Goddess and all that is Good
Create a symbol of Anu (five pointed star within a circle) and say
Epona, Spirit of Might, Kele De, Mother of Light, Balance and Healing, I call to you. Goddess Taillte, Sovereign Goddess of Harvest come celebrate with me. Goddesses of Earth and Light be the ever present guides to assist me as I travel the pathways of Summer Solstice.
Higher Self I call to you.
Expressing your power I want to do.
Light Above and Light Within empower me daily I say, Awen.
Raise energy (feeling and sensing a rise of energy from your lower belly, begin to visualize it forming a ball of light (i.e., for health and vitality, orange or red, green or blue), hold tight your sphincter muscle and let the energy rise to your heart, then with a large exhale, direct the energy ball of light from your heart into the circle, knowing that it forms the spirit of your purpose).
Meditate in the energy you have created. Honor the Light of the Divine. Contemplate the Light of the Sun and its symbolic meaning of spirituality. Give gratitude for all you have and all you now will manifest.
Give gratitude to WomanSpirit, the deities, elements and elementals, the 4-quarters and conduit alignment above and below. Acknowledge that all is within you now.
Close your circle by snuffing out your candle (or blowing it out knowing that the light goes out to the world), and walking in the opposite direction that you set your circle to gather all energy unto yourself.