Magick of Gratitude
As we journey through this lunar cycle, we will dance in the light of thanksgiving and live the attitude of the gift-giving season. It is a time to render everything with love and gratitude. It is a month of deep reflection and honor to those who have given to us and whom we wish to give to in honor of their sharing life in the same incarnation. Reverence and gratitude is a way for us to align with the Source of All Life. Reverence is a way to open our hearts.
Remember the gift of gratitude and express it in all that you do. Every act that you experience throughout this month, offer it as an act of gratitude to those who share life with you and to the Source of All Life. Begin each day with the act of gratitude. Offer your actions throughout the day as a gratitude attitude. Each step you take, walk the steps of gratitude. Everything you do, make it an act of gratitude. Then, come Full Moon November 22, 2018, 10:39 p.m. MST, hold a ceremony to Honor She Who Gives us everything–WomanSpirit/Source….give gratitude.
To help you, the following full moon ceremony is provided.
Spirit of Purpose
Honoring the Gratitude
- The time before your ceremony spend contemplating what honoring Gratitude means to you. What does it look like, feel like and how would you like to express this honor of gratitude during ceremony.
- Establish the Spirit of Purpose (i.e. How you want to represent your Spiritual Essence of Gratitude through your time of honoring);
- Establish date and time to perform your magickal ceremony. The full moon time is perfect.
- Gather specific components for your assisting ritual. Choose the color white, violet or pink in the candles, for these colors offer of the pure unadulterated expression of Source (white) and a high spiritual intent (violet), while pink offers love. The essences of Rose is always a wonderful aroma to use in honor of the Goddess. Diamond gives honor to the Source of all existence.
- From the moment you know what you want to create, consciously place this energy in your heart and send it into the Heart of the Great Mother through the Heart of the Moon.
- Begin an affirmation process
- I honor the Power of Gratitude
- Every thing I do I do as an act of Gratitude to Source and to everyone I know and meet.
- My Love for Gratitude emerges and expresses through my open heart and into action with everyone and everything.
- Throughout the day of your ritual acknowledge with affirmation: “I honor the Power of Gratitude; Everything I do I do as an act of Gratitude; My love for the Great Mother emerges and expresses through my open heart with gratitude for everyone and everything. I Am the Power of Gratitude.”
- On the day of your ritual, gather all the elements and tools for your altar, (include your plants–roses, oils, stones, candles, and altar elements ). Place them on your altar cloth. Choose to maintain a sacred attitude about what you are doing.
- Create an incantation that will be used in your ceremony. It is best done with your own words and written in your own hand.
- An example of an incantation: “Brighid, Flower Face, Morgan Le Fay, Venus, Ishtar, and Pele. I call you all in this circle tonight. Open My Heart and hear my plight. I wish to vow my honor of gratitude. Circle around me the wind and fire and let the water flow through me to inspire. Inspire my Gratitude filled with love, Inspire my sight from the Eye Above. Let me see gratitude everywhere in Water, Fire, Earth and Air; and everyone here on Earth as well as the Guardians of the Inner Planes.”
- An hour or so before your ceremony begin by preparing yourself and placing all items on your altar.
- Self Purification – (bath/shower, sage or other cleansing incense/elixir)
- Cleanse the place where ritual will occur (sage or other incense to clear the area, i.e., elixir for room clearing, symbolic sweeping with a broom)
- Set an altar with a cloth to place your items for symbols of fire (candle with specific color), water (in cup or shell), air (incense or double edged knife) and earth (a stone or pentacle symbol) as well as sacred items that align your heart and mind with the Spirit of Purpose.
- Clear your mind of other thoughts and activities. Bring a vision of your purpose into your mind, feel yourself ready to enter the deepest part of your inner being. Center your mind and emotions into the purpose of your magickal alignment. (Very important component.)
- Create a sacred vortex (a conduit for energy to be mixed and aligned with God/Goddess, the Spirit of your Gratitude Purpose, and the most sacred vibration of your desires to manifest throughout the rest of this lunar month). Mind and emotions need be congruent and maintain the focus of purpose.
- Align with the 4-quarters. Sanctify the circle by honoring the elements/elementals. Call in the Goddess, deities and the Spirit of Purpose in the manner that is most comfortable for you, but always with clarity and deliberate focus of purpose.
- Speak out your incantation for what you desire. Raise energy (feeling and sensing a rise of energy from your womb, begin to visualize it forming a ball of light (i.e., for love it would be pink or red), hold tight your sphincter muscle and let the energy rise to your heart, then with a large exhale, direct the energy ball of light from your heart into the circle, knowing that it forms the spirit of your purpose).
- Meditate in the energy you have created. Visualize the manifestation of gratitude to all others; and visualize your dreams and desires as complete (utilize the powers of knowing that it is so). Feel it, put a smell to it, a taste, sound, and see it so. When you feel it deep within, and you feel the depth of gratitude filled with unconditional love, end your meditation.
- Give gratitude to WomanSpirit-Source, the goddesses you have called to help, the elements and elementals, the 4-quarters and conduit alignment above,below and within. Acknowledge that all is within you now.
- Close your circle by snuffing out your candle, and walking in the opposite direction that you set your circle to gather all energy unto yourself.
- Say Awen (So it is, So Mote it Be, It is complete).
The following may provide you information for setting your circle after you have cleansed the area and set your items on the altar (cleanse them as well).
Draw a circle by standing in the center of your space, face West (the symbolic place of the Great Mother), allow yourself to draw in white light from the heart of WomanSpirit to your heart. Feel it well up inside like a ball of light, release this light into your right index finger, and circle clock-wise, releasing the light as you complete one full turn around the circle. As your return to the West begin giving honor to the 4-quarters and calling in the elements as well. At your altar touch your sone and acknowledge the Spirit of Earth that allows you to flow with the essence of love, light the incense for air, light the candle for fire, and sprinkle water from your cup across your altar to honor the blessings of water. Then begin your opening:
Facing the west:
WomanSpirit, I stand here to align with the light of the west
WomanSpirit, I ask that this door be open and the flow of your love enter this circle
I ask to align with the enchantment of water (touch the water and sprinkle it across your altar)
WomanSpirit, I ask that the angels and goddesses of sacred inner realm enter my circle and assist my travels through your womb of nurturing fluid.
WomanSpirit, I ask that I may become one with you in the Sacred Waters of Life in the flow of Gratitude.
Face the North:
WomanSpirit, I stand here to align with the light of the north
WomanSpirit, I ask that this door be open and the sweetness of your manifested reality be one with me.
I ask to align with the enchantment of the earth (touch the stone)
WomanSpirit, I ask that the angels and goddesses of the Sacred Place of Your Magick, Earth, enter this circle now.
WomanSpirit, I ask to become one with the grounding forces to maintain the connection with earth and to be one with your Manifesting Powers as I travel the earthly paths each and every day with the glow of Gratitude.
Face the east:
WomanSpirit, I stand here to align with the light of the east
WomanSpirit, I ask that this door be open and the sweetness of your vision be my vision I ask to align with the enchantment of air (light the incense and let it flow around you.)
WomanSpirit, I ask that the angels and goddesses of truth and clarity assist me in holding the vision of Your presence in my life.
WomanSpirit, I ask to become one with Your vision of Life that I might hold gratitude through respect and honor of it as You desire.
Face the south:
WomanSpirit, I stand here to align with the light of the south
WomanSpirit, I ask that this door be open that I might know Your Great Purpose I ask to align with the enchantment of fire (light the candle)
WomanSpirit I ask to align with the angels and goddess of the purpose of gratitude through me and all my actions.
WomanSpirit, I ask to become one with the purpose of Your Love and radiate it through my actions of Gratitude to All.
The invocation to the Goddess. Stand with arms raised and legs separated revealing the stance of a five pointed star that honors the Goddess and say:
At this time and in this hour
I call in the moon’s most sacred power
(pause and feel the moon energy align with you)
Great Goddess, WomanSpirit Queen of all the realms, Lady of my Soul
I call your presence here and now
May I be blessed by our union and the sacredness you express in All Life.
Great Mother, pierce through this moment and cast upon me Your loving gaze and the blessings of gratitude.
(Pause and feel the energy of WomanSpirit align with you)
Lay on the floor in a prone position with your arms and legs outstretched revealing the Five Pointed Star (you may also stand in this position). In this position, create prayers from your own heart that reveal the gratitude and love you have for WomanSpirit. Let the Goddess hear you, feel you, and know the honor you have for Her Creations. Tell her of the Service you desire to do for Her. When you are complete, stand and offer the Symbol of Anu as a direct honoring of the Goddess. Feel the knowing that you are a Divine Woman in the center of WomanSpirit’s Womb/Heart.
Symbol of Anu is a Five Pointed Star within a Circle.
Call out to all the Goddesses.
Goddesses of all the dimensions, be the ever present guides to assist me as I serve WomanSpirit, The Great Goddess, through the Power of Gratitude. Provide me the perpetual awareness to maintain the attitude of love for all life. Assist me in living in a state of Prayer–honoring the Goddess in every breath, thought, word and action. Teach me how to maintain a sacred attitude of gratitude in all that I do for others. Help me to bring blessings of WomanSpirit to the plant, animal, mineral and human forms of life.
Proceed to the incantation: (yours or the suggested one)
“Brighid, Flower Face, Morgan Le Fay, Venus, Ishtar, and Pele. I call you all in this circle tonight. Open My Heart and hear my plight. I wish to vow my honor of gratitude. Circle around me the wind and fire and let the water flow through me to inspire. Inspire my Gratitude filled with love, Inspire my sight from the Eye Above. Let me see gratitude everywhere in Water, Fire, Earth and Air; and everyone here on Earth as well as the Guardians of the Inner Planes.”
Raise energy (feeling and sensing a rise of energy from your womb, begin to visualize it forming a ball of light (i.e., for health and vitality, orange or red, green or blue), hold tight your sphincter muscle and let the energy rise to your heart, then with a large exhale, direct the energy ball of light from your heart into the circle, knowing that it forms the spirit of your purpose and will perpetuate the Love of the Goddess through you and the world).
- Meditate in the energy you have created. Give honor to the sacred power you have called forth. Know you will use it with integrity, love of the Goddess, and love of yourself. Give honor for all that you experience and will experience.
- Give gratitude to the Goddess, deities, elements and elementals, the 4-quarters and conduit alignment above and below. Acknowledge that all is within you now.
- Close your circle by snuffing out your candle (or blowing it out knowing that the light goes out to the world), and walking in the opposite direction that you set your circle to gather all energy unto yourself.
- Say Awen (So it is, So Mote it Be, It is complete).